Friday, December 30, 2011

Friday Recipes: New Year's Party Appetizers!

Baked Brie
via
Ingredients:
Brie Round
Pilsbury Crescent Rolls (canned dough)

Directions:
Wrap Brie round in crescent roll dough. Baked as directed on the dough directions. Serve warm with fruit and crackers. I also think canned cranberry sauce goes well with it! 

This is SUCH a simple recipe and completely delicious! 


Bloomin' Pizza Bread

I found this recipe on one of my favorite food blogs, The Girl Who Ate Everything. Check it out! This recipe is SUUUPER easy and looks amazing!

Buttery Soft Pretzels
via

I know I have spent my fare share of cash on mall pretzels... Ive made these a few times for super bowl parties and other get-togethers and they have been SUCH a hit. Especially with nacho cheese for dipping!! This recipe isn't QUITE as simple as the other two but it's worth it! MMMMmmmmm....


Ingredients:
4 tsp active dry yeast
1 tsp white sugar
1 1/4 c. warm water
5 c. flour
1/2 c. white sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tb vegetable oil
4 cups hot water
baking soda
1/2 c. baking soda
1/4 c. kosher salt (for topping)


Directions:

In a small bowl dissolve yeast and 1 tsp sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy (about 10 min.

In a large bowl, mix flour, ½ c sugar, and salt. Make a well in center; add oil and yeast mixture. Mix and form into a dough. If mixture is too dry add 1-2 tb water. Knead dough until smooth (7-8 minutes).

Lightly oil a large bowl and place dough in bowl. Flip to coat with oil. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour until doubled in size.

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 C). In another large bowl dissolve baking soda into hot water.

When risen, turn dough out into lightly floured sufarce and divide into about 12 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a rope and twist into pretzel shape. Once all dough is shaped, place on greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with kosher salt.

Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes until golden brown.

I will be sure to update some of these pictures with MY OWN now that I have my camera up and working!! I think the BF finds it weird and obsessive quirky when he sees me taking millions of pictures of all the food I make... Haha!

Happy New Year's!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment